1. No Food or Drinks. We like to keep a clean play area, so we ask that you not bring food or beverages into the gaming room. We have a small waiting area where food and drink are permitted.
2. No Drugs or Alcohol Permitted. We are a family-friendly environment. While we respect everyone’s rights to do as they please, there is no admittance if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Virtual reality already puts your brain in an altered state.
3. Clean dress and hygiene are a MUST! Dimitri’s Place VR cleans headsets after every use with disinfectant wipes and microfiber cloth. We also provide face covers for all of our guests that are a physical barrier between their face and the VR headset. As a courtesy to our other guests and to keep the equipment in good working order, we ask that you please freshen up before you use the equipment.
4. No backpacks, bags, purses, etc. They can be a trip hazard to guests that are playing. We have a designated area where you can put your belongings until you leave.
5. No inappropriate behavior or horseplay. Guests wearing a VR headset cannot see the outside world. Someone could get injured or equipment could get broken by behaving inappropriately. Anyone that doesn’t follow this rule will be asked to leave.
6. No one under 13 permitted without parental/guardian consent. Some content may not be suitable for young children. We like to speak with an adult about what is appropriate for their child. Also, VR is a very new technology. Most age restrictions from hardware developers are preteen and older, but we leave that up to the individual. We have guests from 6-87 and every age in between.
7. Machines are first come-first served. Appointments take priority. Nothing’s worse than planning a fun night out and being turned away at the door when you get to your destination. Appointments aren’t necessary, but we strongly encourage them to ensure you can play when you want. Evenings and weekends fill up fast.
8. Maximum time limit on machines are 2 1/2 hrs(mandatory 2 hr. break to return). Some guests(especially newcomers to VR) may feel a little uneasy after playing for awhile. We suggest taking small breaks in the action to let your eyes rest a little. Take the time to recharge for another round.
9. Respect the Grid! All of the systems use a chaperon system when playing in room-scale mode. An electronic net, gray screen or other prompt may appear if you step out of the designated safe zone. The grid will be clearly visible in the headset if you overstep your boundaries. If this does occur, simply step back into the center of the safe zone and the Grid or prompts will go away. The grid is there for your protection, the protection of our other guests and our equipment. Please respect the Grid.
10. When your time is up, collect your belongings and exit the VR room. Once you have finished playing, you can pay, reserve your next visit and collect your belongings before re-entering the real world.